SparkPoint at Skyline College
We envision that financial circumstances should not prevent anyone from the promise of higher education. SparkPoint at Skyline College provides financial capability and basic needs services that students and their families use to strengthen their financial situation and meet their educational and economic goals. Affiliated with United Way of the Bay Area, SparkPoint at Skyline College supports students and other members of the community who are working to:
- Increase income with certificates and degrees
- Discover and access resources including benefits when eligible
- Create a balanced budget
- Access free and low-cost banking
- Obtain credit reports and ensure their accuracy
- Understand and increase credit scores
- Obtain free groceries and food resources
- Receive housing support
SparkPoint networks with the excellent programs and services throughout Skyline College. SparkPoint also partners with other organizations to deliver services and resources that are not typically available on a college campus. In addition to these partnerships and our financial coaching services, programs onsite include: the Grove Scholarship Program, free income tax preparation assistance, credit repair services, CalFresh application assistance, housing resources, an on-site food pantry, and referral assistance for additional services.
Learn about our many programs and services by visiting our website at www.skylinecollege.edu/SparkPoint. Contact (650) 738-7035 for more information or to make an appointment. Visit our center on the Skyline College campus in Building 1 on the second floor starting with reception in Room 1-214. Individuals, groups, and organizations are also welcome to schedule informational tours to learn more.
SparkPoint at Skyline College faculty and staff have identified the following Student Learning Outcomes for the various services provided by SparkPoint:
- Students will utilize SparkPoint services and resources by completing the SparkPoint Welcome Form and identifying SparkPoint services to pursue.
- SparkPoint students who engage in financial coaching will improve their financial stability by identifying financial goals, creating a budget, and taking up two or more SparkPoint services.