The Career Readiness and Job Placement Hub
The Career Readiness and Job Placement program offers a wide variety of services and
resources designed to assist students in landing their dream job and to meet their
individual career and employment goals. The program serves students and community
members who are looking for assistance with getting a job or paid internship, creating
a resume, building a quality LinkedIn profile, preparing for an interview, expanding
your network and more.
Workshops and events include:
- Career Conversation sessions to share insight on some common career topics
- Career & Job Fair hosted once per semester featuring over 30 local employers
- Career Readiness preparation sessions (resume, job search, LinkedIn/networking, and interview skills)
- Get Work Now employer connection featuring employers ready to hire NOW
- Internship Spotlight Series highlighting available student opportunities
- Job & Internship postings updated bi-weekly
- Job Shadow Program provides students with an opportunity grow as professionals and build essential skills
for the workplace.
- LinkedIn Learning licenses (offered to students for FREE)
- Make a Difference Monday to learn about volunteer opportunities from community organizations
Please take a moment to share your interests by completing this get-to-know-you form for one-on-one support, and we will contact you directly to support your needs. Visit
us in Building 1, Room 1-311, on our website at skylinecollege.edu/careercenter or via email at email@example.com.
Career Counseling & Explorers Program
Students who are still exploring a major or career are encouraged to participate in
the Explorers Program and connect with career counselors.
Career counselors help students discover their skills, interests and values and how
these can be applied in major and career exploration. We help you with the following:
- Getting to know yourself and DISCOVER your skills, interests and values.
- Helping you EXPLORE how you can tie your attributes to different major and career options.
- Helping you DECIDE on your goal by coming to a resolution while considering all your options.
- Clarify your educational pathway to better PLAN with your academic counselor.
By meeting with a career counselor you'll have a better understanding of your career
choices, the classes you should be taking to get there, and the salary figure expected
in those jobs. We want to help you set goals and find careers that are fulfilling
What is the Explorers Program?
The Explorers Program provides a guided pathway and necessary support for students who are undecided or undeclared on their major
and/or career. Students begin with an online or in-person orientation, followed by
a MyMajors assessment that will recommend best-fit majors. Students can then meet
with a career counselor to assess the results, create an action plan and determine
the level of support needed to accomplish your goals. Explorers are invited to attend
a career workshop series that includes the topics of self-discovery, career exploration,
career goal setting, and more.
Learn more about the Explorers Program at skylinecollege.edu/explorers.