Skyline Middle College
Middle College at Skyline College is an innovative pathway to college and career readiness that integrates high school, college, and career training. This alternative education program is offered by the South San Francisco Unified School District and San Mateo Union High School District in collaboration with Skyline College providing high school students with an exciting and challenging learning environment where they can take control of their own education, complete high school graduation, and begin accumulating college credits.
Middle College students complete the requirements for high school graduation while enrolled in college courses on the Skyline College campus. Providing students with early access to quality college programming that includes a rigorous academic curriculum within a supportive and nurturing environment. Through this opportunity students are provided a cohort experience with increased community building while removing barriers and help students gain the skills, knowledge, and expertise needed for their postsecondary success.
Middle College at Skyline College offers:
- A mature alternative to the traditional high school environment
- A chance to get a head start on your college degree while earning your high school diploma
- Provide opportunities for the students to see themselves in college
- A transition to college in a flexible, supportive and academically enriched environment
- A refreshing challenge with increased individual attention
- FREE Tuition allowing students to save over $25,000 in college expenses
Who might be a good fit for Middle College?
A potential Middle College student:
- Will be a high school junior in good standing with a GPA of 2.0 or above
- Has completed two years of high school math with a grade of "C" or higher along with PE 9 grade of "C" or higher
- Is on track for graduation with a minimum 100 credits for a junior
- May be talented/gifted but is not thriving in the traditional high school environment
- Desires to complete high school and begin college courses
- Demonstrates the maturity to cope with the challenges and relative freedom of a college environment
- May show a discrepancy between standardized test scores and actual grades, indicating that she/he is not working up to potential
- Has demonstrated appropriate, responsible and respectful behavior on the high school campus
- Is a resident of either South San Francisco Unified School District or San Mateo High School Union School District
Applications to Middle College are open every January for Fall Enrollment & October for Spring Enrollment.