Transfer Admission Procedures

Steps for Transfer to a Four-Year Institution

Students should take the following steps to apply for admission as a transfer student to a four-year college or university:

  1. Meet with your Skyline College counselor early, and throughout, your education to develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP). The SEP will provide you with a clear pathway for transfer.
  2. Submit an admissions application to your intended transfer institution approximately one year in advance of planned transfer. Applications for the University of California and the California State University are available online at the following web sites:
  3. Submit completed application during the specified filing period. Students are discouraged from sending them early as they will not be accepted before the initial filing date.
  4. If an entrance exam (SAT, ACT) is required for transfer admission, register for the exam at least six months in advance of transfer.
  5. Submit a request to the Skyline College Office of Admissions and Records to have a transcript of your academic record sent to the transfer institution at the time(s) specified by that institution. Transcripts must be requested well in advance of the date required. Four-year colleges and universities will also require transcripts of work completed at ALL educational institutions.
  6. After admitted to a CSU or UC campus, request a CSU GE or IGETC certification to be sent with your final transcript.