Global Learning Programs & Services Division
The African Diaspora Program (ADP)
The African Diaspora Program (ADP) is planned as an interdisciplinary academic program. ADP supports initiatives that represent the contributions of people of African descent in various parts of the world through lectures, symposia, conferences, service learning, and internships.
- International Mentorship Program for Skyline College Students
- International Studies and Student/Faculty Exchange Programs
- Linkages Among Institutions of The World
- Technical Educational Assistance
- Introducing Art and Cultural Experiences to Skyline College
The Bay Area Entrepreneur Center (BAEC)
The Bay Area Entrepreneur Center, hosted by Skyline College, is an off-campus business office designed to nurture the development of local and small businesses throughout the Bay Area and will enhance our community’s entrepreneurial climate by retaining businesses, accelerating growth and diversifying local economies. The center is located at 458 San Mateo Avenue, in downtown San Bruno. The center will hold classes, seminars and workshops for members of the community and students alike and will offer office space, business support services and other resources.
Center For International Trade Development (CITD)
Skyline College’s Center for International Trade Development (CITD) offers a variety of services, seminars and workshops for business owners and entrepreneurs interested in international trade/business including:
- One-on-One consultations on a variety of topics (trade missions, virtual trade shows, and networking opportunities, etc.)
- International exchange for students, faculty and collaboration
- Resources on international trade and business development
- Fast-track and traditional entrepreneurship certificates as well as an A.A. degree in International Trade
For more information visit: www.skylinecollege.edu/citd
International Students Program (ISP)
Skyline College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. The International Students Program is intended for students who are seeking or already hold F-1 student visas. Complete information regarding the program is available on the International Student Program website or by contacting the International Students Program. www.skylinecollege.edu/international or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Abroad & Exchange Program
The San Mateo County Community College District Study Abroad Program, housed at Skyline College, offers students of all ages the opportunity to study and live abroad in three of our programs. Students in the Semester Abroad Program and Short-Term Study Abroad earn up to 15 units towards an A.A./A.S. degree which are transferable to the California State University System, the University of California System and most private colleges and universities. Upcoming study abroad destinations include:
- Semester Abroad Program: Fall 2017 semester in Barcelona, Spain, spring 2018 semester in Florence, Italy and fall 2018 semester in London, England.
- Short-Term Study Abroad Courses: Italy and South Africa Summer 2017
- Global Internships: Chile, Czech Republic, England, Spain, and South Africa
- Community Travel: Not for credit educational travel tours for older adults – Spring & Summer 2017 –Cuba, England, Italy, Ireland, Spain, and South Africa
Financial Aid and scholarships are available for eligible students for Semester Abroad and Short-Term Study Abroad. Early planning is advisable. For more information and eligibility requirements, visit www.smccd.edu/studyabroad or email email@example.com.
Youth Entrepreneurship Program (YEP)
The Youth Entrepreneurship Program (YEP) teaches entrepreneurship and innovation to young adults across the Bay Area. YEP provides seed-funding to college students that submit qualifying business plans to the Business Plan Competition. Learn more about the fasttrack Entrepreneurship certificate programs, in areas including: General Entrepreneurship, Automotive Technology, Cosmetology and Early Childhood Education.
- Business Plan Competitions
- Seminars and Workshops
- Entrepreneurship boot-camp
- In-house business coaching