Global Learning Programs & Services Division
The African Diaspora Program (ADP)
The African Diaspora Program (ADP) is planned as an interdisciplinary academic program. ADP supports initiatives that represent the contributions of people of African descent in various parts of the world through lectures, symposia, conferences, service learning, and internships.
- International studies and study abroad programs
- Art and cultural experiences at Skyline College
Center For International Trade Development (CITD)
Skyline College’s Center for International Trade Development (CITD) offers a variety of services, seminars and workshops for business owners and entrepreneurs interested in international trade including:
- Resources on international trade and business development
- Courses in Global Trade & Logistics and Customs Brokerage
For more information visit: www.skylinecollege.edu/citd
International Students Program (ISP)
Skyline College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. The International Student Program is intended for students who are seeking or already hold F-1 student visas. Complete information regarding the program is available on the International Student Program website www.skylinecollege.edu/international or by contacting the International Student Program at email@example.com.
Skyline College Passport Office
The Skyline College Passport Office is a U.S. Department of State designated Passport Acceptance Facility. As a Passport Acceptance Facility, the office is authorized to receive completed applications for a U.S. Passport and submit the application along with all necessary documentation to the U.S. Department of State. The U.S. Department of State will then determine eligibility for a U.S. Passport and makes the final decision to issue a passport to an applicant.
- Receive and submit completed application and necessary documentation for a U.S. passport (or passport card) to the U.S. Department of State.
- Provide on-site passport photo services ($8 tax inclusive) for passport applications or visa applications.
- Provide the necessary forms required to apply or renew a U.S. passport.
- Provide other passport-related forms.
- Field any questions regarding the passport application process.
- Provide expedited passport application processing.
The San Mateo County Community College District Study Abroad Program, housed at Skyline College, offers students of all ages the opportunity to study and live abroad in four of our programs. Students in the Semester Abroad Program and Short-Term Study Abroad earn up to 15 units towards an A.A./A.S. degree which are transferable to the California State University System, the University of California System and most private colleges and universities. Upcoming study abroad destinations include:
- Semester Abroad Program: Fall 2018 semester in London, England, Spring 2018 semester in Florence, Italy and Fall 2019 semester in Barcelona, Spain.
- Short-Term Study Abroad Courses: Belize in January 2019, Brazil and Ghana in Summer 2019.
- Global Internships: Chile, Czech Republic, Hong Kong, Ireland, New York, San Francisco, Singapore and South Africa in Summer 2019 for two months.
- Community Travel: Not-for-credit educational travel tours for adults and lifelong learners – Spring and Summer 2019 – South Africa, Cuba, Ireland and Spain.
Financial aid and scholarships are available for eligible students for Semester Abroad and Short-Term Study Abroad. Early planning is advisable. For more information and eligibility requirements, visit www.smccd.edu/studyabroad or email firstname.lastname@example.org.