An Associate in Science in Hospitality Management for Transfer (AS-T) from Skyline College is intended for students who are interested in transferring to a California State University (CSU) campus with a major in Hospitality Management, or similar major. The program is designed to examine and evaluate core principles and practices in the field of hospitality management to increase management skills in the discipline. Specifically, students will work to strengthen and develop skills in critical thinking, communication, sanitation, customer service excellence, conflict management, and food and beverage costs. The program includes multiple areas of budget, communication within teams, technology and problem solving skills.
Students completing an AS-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students transferring to a CSU campus that accepts the AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor's degree. This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or university or a college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a Skyline College counselor for further information on university admissions and transfer requirements. A grade of "C" or better, or "Pass" if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis, is required for each course applied to the major. Major course requirements may also be applied to meet general education requirements.
To earn an AS-T degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 60 CSU transferable units;
- Earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework;
- All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. A "P" (Pass) grade is also an acceptable grade for courses in the major if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis. Students should consult with their counselor before enrolling in a major course on a Pass/No Pass basis, as some CSUs may have limitations on which major courses can be taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE Breadth) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
Advising Note: Students planning to transfer to a CSU (California State University) campus MUST complete an Oral Communication (COMM) course (CSU Minimum Admissions Requirement). Oral Communication courses are noted in the following GE areas: CSU GE (Area A1) or IGETC (Area 1C).
Note: Students do not need to complete the Skyline College Associate Degree requirements. For further information, please consult a Skyline College counselor.
|Required Core Courses (3 units)||Units|
|HTM. 101||Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Management||3 units|
|List B: Select Two Courses or any courses from List A not already used (6-8 units)||Units|
|ACTG 121||Financial Accounting||4 units|
|BUS. 201||Business Law||3 units|
|BUS. 123||Statistics||3 units|
|MATH 200||Elementary Probability & Statistics||4 units|
|HTM. 108||Technology Essentials in Hospitality||3 units|
|HTM. 120||Sanitation Practices in the Hospitality Industry||3 units|
General Education - certified completion of one of the following:
- California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth),
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
Note: Students planning to transfer to a CSU (California State University) campus MUST complete the IGETC (CSU or UC) pattern, which includes completion of an Oral Communication (COMM) course. Oral communication courses are noted in the following GE areas: CSU GE (Area A1) or IGETC (Area 1C).
Up to (6) major course units may be double counted to apply to general education requirements. This degree does not require the Skyline College Associate Degree requirements.
Elective courses: If applicable, additional courses to meet the minimum 60 CSU transferable units requirement.
Please refer to Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Requirements for more information.