The goal of the International Student Program is to provide educational opportunities for international students and to promote international understanding on campus and in the community.
The following regulations govern the admission of F-1 Visa students to Skyline College:
- Have the ability to pay international student tuition, application, enrollment and health fees. The Skyline College Class Schedule provides the current list of required fees.
- Complete a full course of study (a minimum of 12 units each Fall and Spring semester). In accordance with SEVIS regulations, failure to do so will cause a student to be reported as out of status.
- Meet criteria for admission:
- Submit a completed International Student Application.
- Demonstrate English proficiency with a minimum TOEFL score of 480 paper based, 56 internet based, or IELTS of 5.5. Skyline College does not issue an I-20 for English as a Second Language study.
- Must have earned the equivalent of an American high school diploma. The student must submit official academic records. Foreign language documents must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Must offer evidence of financial responsibility. Certification of Parent, Self, or Sponsor support is required. Official bank statements must be translated into English.
- Submit original or certified copies of transcripts of any college coursework completed.
Foreign language transcripts must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Approved foreign transcript evaluation services are:
International Education Research, Inc.
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665 Phone: (310) 258-9451
Fax: (310) 342-7086
World Education Service Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087 Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute
P.O. Box 6908
Beverly Hills, CA 90212 Phone: (310) 275-3530
Fax: (310) 275-3528
- Applicants who have attended other American schools or colleges may be considered for admission provided the applicant meets Skyline College admission requirements and is in status with U.S. Immigration and Citizenship Services.
- Meet academic standards requirements.
- Observe College rules and regulations.
- Enroll in a medical health insurance plan provided by a private carrier through the San Mateo County Community College District.
- Comply with U.S. Federal Code, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) regulations that pertain to F-1 Visa students.
- Please refer to www.skylinecollege.edu/international for more information.
F-1 Visa Concurrent Enrollment
Students enrolled full time at another institution from which they have a valid I-20 are permitted to enroll at Skyline College on a part-time basis. Enrollment may not exceed two classes or total more than six units. F-1 Visa students must pay all appropriate fees. A permission letter from the home school is required for every semester of attendance.
The International Student Program faculty and staff have identified the following Student Learning Outcomes for the various services provided by the International Student Program:
- Students will know how to matriculate to a university.
- Demonstrate understanding of the American higher education system.