Skip to Main ContentSkip to Section NavigationSkip to Catalog navigation
General Information College Goals
- Develop the scope, quality, accessibility and accountability of instructional and
student service offerings, programs, and services to lead the San Francisco Bay region
in transferring students, awarding degrees and certificates and reflecting social
and educational equity.
- Enhance institutional effectiveness in planning and decision-making processes through
cooperative leadership, effective communication and participatory governance.
- Fulfill the college’s role as a leading academic and cultural center for the community.
- Provide human, physical, technological and financial resources to assure excellent
educational programs and student services in order to support students in attaining
their educational goals and improve institutional effectiveness.
- Recruit, retain and support a world-class faculty, staff and administration that is
committed to ongoing improvement through access to opportunities for professional
growth and advancement.
- Play a central role in the preparation of the region’s workforce and expand networks
and partnerships with businesses, the community and non-profit organizations.
- Establish and maintain fiscal stability and alignment of programs and services to
the core Mission – Vision – Values of the college.
- Internationalize the educational experience by enriching the college with a diverse
community of learners representing the collective resources of humanity and engaging
in a vibrant dialogue that engenders an understanding of others.