An Associate in Arts in Art History for Transfer (AA-T) from Skyline College is intended for students who are interested in transferring to a California State University (CSU) campus with a major in Art History, or similar major. The degree promotes an understanding of art across time, cultures and geographic boundaries. Students are taught to apply fundamental art and art historical terminology and methodologies to analyze works, in order to articulate the historical, social, and aesthetic functions of art. An education in art fosters creativity, encourages independent thinking, and develops personal expression.
Students completing an AA-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students transferring to a CSU campus that accepts the AA-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor's degree. This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or university or a college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a Skyline College counselor for further information on university admissions and transfer requirements. A grade of "C" or better, or "Pass" if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis, is required for each course applied to the major. Major course requirements may also be applied to meet general education requirements.
To earn an AA-T degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 60 CSU transferable units;
- Earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework;
- All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. A "P" (Pass) grade is also an acceptable grade for courses in the major if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis. Students should consult with their counselor before enrolling in a major course on a Pass/No Pass basis, as some CSUs may have limitations on which major courses can be taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE Breadth) or the Intersegmental General Education Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
- A minimum of 12 units must be completed in residence at Skyline College.
Advising Note: Students planning to transfer to a CSU (California State University) campus MUST complete an Oral Communication (COMM) course (CSU Minimum Admissions Requirement). Oral Communication courses are noted in the following GE areas: CSU GE (Area A1) or IGETC (Area 1C).
Note: Students do not need to complete the Skyline College Associate Degree requirements. For further information, please consult a Skyline College counselor.
|List B – Select one course from the following (3 units):||Units|
|ART 207||Life Drawing||3 units|
|ART 301||Two-Dimensional Design||3 units|
|ART 351||Black and White Photography I||3 units|
|ART 401||Three-Dimensional Design||3 units|
|ART 405||Sculpture I||3 units|
|ART 411||Ceramics I||3 units|
|ART 430||Introduction to Digital Art||3 units|
|List C – Select one course from the following (3 units):||Units|
|ART 107||Art of Our Times||3 units|
|ART 115||Art, Music and Ideas||3 units|
|ART 175||Visual Theory and Practice: Ceramic Art||3 units|
|ART 221||Painting I||3 units|
|ART 350||Visual Perception Through Photography||3 units|
|ANTH 110||Cultural Anthropology||3 units|
|ANTH 150||Introduction to Archaeology: Bones, Beads and the Basics of Material Culture||3 units|
|FILM 100||Introduction to Film||3 units|
|HIST 104||World Civilizations I||3 units|
|HIST 106||World Civilizations II||3 units|
|PHIL 100||Introduction to Philosophy||3 units|
General Education - certified completion of one of the following:
- California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth),
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern
Advising Note: Students planning to transfer to a CSU (California State University) campus MUST complete an Oral Communication (COMM) course (CSU Minimum Admissions Requirement). Oral communication courses are noted in the following GE areas: CSU GE (Area A1) or IGETC (Area 1C).
Up to (6-12) major units may be double counted to meet general education requirements. This degree does not require the Skyline College Associate Degree requirements.
Elective courses: If applicable, additional courses to meet the minimum 60 CSU transferable units requirement.
Please refer to Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Requirements for more information.