Transcript Evaluation Service
San Mateo County Community College District, Transcript Evaluation Service (TES) and Degree Works™ work together to present SMCCCD students, counselors, and Admissions and Records Offices with an evaluation of how coursework completed outside the SMCCCD can be applied to SMCCCD certificates, associate degrees, bachelor's degrees, CSU GE certification and IGETC certification.
Students with external coursework should submit official transcripts from previous schools to the Admissions and Records Office of their home campus (Cañada College, College of San Mateo or Skyline College). The transcript evaluation is then requested by the student through their WebSMART account. The evaluation will post to Degree Works™ and serves as the official response from the district.
Students requesting the service must:
- Be currently enrolled in a class in a San Mateo County Community College District college
- Must have previously completed 6 units in the SMCCCD, or are currently enrolled in 6 units or, have a combination of previously completed and current enrollment that adds to at least 6 units
- Submit all official transcripts to the Admissions and Records Office of your home institution
- Plan to complete a certificate, associate degree, bachelor's degree, CSU GE certification or IGETC certification within the SMCCCD
- Update student information on WebSMART with current and accurate educational goal
NOTE: Students who have completed all their coursework within the SMCCCD will not need to request the services of TES.
More information can be found at the District Transcript Evaluation website.