An Associate in Science in Mathematics for Transfer (AS-T) from Skyline College is intended for students who are interested in transferring to a California State University (CSU) campus with a major in Mathematics, or similar major. This program teaches students to appropriately choose and correctly apply various mathematical concepts and techniques; use the multiple representations of graphs, tables, symbols, and words to communicate effectively; and create mathematical models or hypothesis tests for real-world datasets and evaluate their implications for society.
Students completing an AS-T degree are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major. Students transferring to a CSU campus that accepts the AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor's degree. This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or university or a college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a Skyline College counselor for further information on university admissions and transfer requirements. A grade of "C" or better, or "Pass" if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis, is required for each course applied to the major. Major course requirements may also be applied to meet general education requirements.
To earn an AS-T degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 60 CSU transferable units;
- Earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework;
- All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. A "P" (Pass) grade is also an acceptable grade for courses in the major if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis. Students should consult with their counselor before enrolling in a major course on a Pass/No Pass basis, as some CSUs may have limitations on which major courses can be taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE Breadth) or the Intersegmental General Education Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
Advising Note: Students planning to transfer to a CSU (California State University) campus MUST complete an Oral Communication (COMM) course (CSU Minimum Admissions Requirement). Oral Communication courses are noted in the following GE areas: CSU GE (Area A1) or IGETC (Area 1C).
Note: Students do not need to complete the Skyline College Associate Degree requirements. For further information, please consult a Skyline College counselor.
General Education - certified completion of one of the following:
- California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth),
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
Advising Note: Students planning to transfer to a CSU (California State University) campus MUST complete an Oral Communication (COMM) course (CSU Minimum Admissions Requirement). Oral communication courses are noted in the following GE areas: CSU GE (Area A1) or IGETC (Area 1C).
Up to (3 - 6) major course units may be double counted to apply to meet general education requirements. This degree does not require the Skyline College Associate Degree requirements.
Elective courses: If applicable, additional courses to meet the minimum 60 CSU transferable units requirement.
Please refer to Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Requirements for more information.