Career Services Center
The Career Services Center offers a wide variety of services and resources to assist students with their individual career and employment goals. Students are encouraged to explore career options by taking advantage of our comprehensive career services:
- Career and academic counseling
- Career assessments and Interpretations – Assessments aid in determining personal traits, interests, values, and strengths related to individual career paths. These can be helpful for an undecided student when selecting his/her major academic concentration
- Employment and Internship Services: Students and local residents can get personalized job search and Internship assistance, access to workforce services, unemployment insurance benefits, veterans and youth services.
- Workshops that address career research and Job Search skills
- Career Conversation Series and Employer Spotlights
- Job and Internship Postings at www.skylinejobs.com
- Career Networking Night, Job Fairs and Internship Fair
- Career exploration and job-search resources detailing preparatory education, training requirements, and labor market trends for specific career fields
- EUREKA, a computer-based California Career Information System
- Perfect Interview-innovative learning tool that you can use to enhance your job interviewing skills.
- Employment Services- Students and local residents can get personalized job search assistance, access to workforce services, unemployment insurance bene fits, Veterans and Youth services
The Career Services Center faculty and staff have identified the following Student Learning Outcomes for the various services provided by Career Services:
- Students who access Career Services will learn techniques to improve their potential to find employment.
- Students who take career assessments and review the results with a career faculty will be able to identify potential careers and related majors.
- Students will have access to Career Services Resources